An international design award organised by the Zagreb Design Week.
Apply until Aug 1 in one of the six categories and get a chance to exhibit in Zagreb and win ZGDW Award. Applications will be examined and valued by the international jury. A five-member expert jury always has two Croatian members, one from the field of product design and another from visual communication design, and three members from abroad. Three rounds selection process by the jury will evaluate the overall quality of submitted projects. The first round is the broadest selection of projects. In the second round, the jury will choose finalists that will be presented at the exhibition at the ZGDW central location during the festival. In the final round, the jury will select the best three works in each category, by order. Winners will be revealed at the prize-giving ceremony on the festival’s opening evening. The opening evening always turns into a great party. Awards are given in form of recognition.
1. Graphic DesignVisual communication in the broadest sense, except digital communication design and interaction design for which there is category #2. Graphic Design category includes visual identity, posters, promotional and advertising projects, illustration, typography, books, newspapers, magazines, leaflets… and packaging based on graphic design (packaging design based on product design apply to category #3).
2. Digital Communication Design and Interaction DesignThis category is for digital design in general. Digital communications include a design for websites, applications, games, computer animation, etc.
Interaction design is the design of digital products and services whose main feature is HMI and UX / UI, i.e.: mobile apps, simple and sophisticated online services, electronic gadgets, VR/AR, etc.
3. Product DesignProduct design in total, from prototypes to limited series to industrial design. This category includes furniture, lighting, home appliances, transportation design, stationery, toys, etc.
4. Interior DesignThis category covers interior and spatial design — from living, commercial, and public spaces, through spatial interventions and systems, to exhibition and fairs design.
5. Textile and Fashion DesignThe category includes textile design, clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, fashion accessories, etc. You can submit single pieces or collection, no matter if they are made as a one-off or on an industrial scale.
6. Social Innovation DesignThis category includes various scenarios and concepts that use design as an innovation tool, and that makes a step toward broader social context using critical thinking on existing practices and solutions. From speculative to applied design, from raising the questions to revealing themes, from ideas to solutions for the future or alternative present.
To fill application form fast and efficiently, prepare in advance the following material, texts up to 1500 characters with spaces each: a biography of the author(s) and a designer’s statement with a submitted work description. High-quality photographs, renders or drawings in resolution for print. The material will be used for the promotion of the exhibitor and its products on the Zagreb Design Week web page, PR texts and social media.
The application deadline is Aug 1, 23.59h. Selected projects will be announced publicly on Aug 6. Winners will be announced in the Sep 6, at the Zagreb Design Week opening ceremony when the prize-giving ceremony will take place.